Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hellanbach

Artist: Hellanbach
LP: Now Hear This
Song: "Kick It Out"
[ listen ]

Summer has finally arrived in Seattle, which means warm, sunny bike-rides in the morning. It's not all that far from my apartment to my work, but when I arrived this morning I was sweating like I'd just ridden to Hellanbach. Anyway...often considered little more than a cheap Van Halen imitation, British metal band Hellanbach released just one LP in the early '80s before calling it quits while working on their second record in 1984. (My copy of 1983's "Now Hear This" was pressed in Italy!) You can read more about Hellanbach on their fan-based MySpace tribute page here. Though "Kick It Out" is mostly a fairly standard rock song, it features a bizarre percussive interlude that includes blasts of gay-disco police-whistle!

No comments: