Thursday, April 3, 2014

Doris Day

Artist: Doris Day
LP: Tea For Two [10" EP]
Song: "Oh Me! Oh My!"
[ listen ]
Song: "I Want to Be Happy"
[ listen ]

Today is Doris Day's 90th birthday! I'm celebrating by watching LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME while consuming a lemon mini triple layer cake from Fred Meyer that looks like a miniature version of one of Doris Day's hats from the late 1950s. As for Doris, she says she's never been big on celebrating her own birthday. She'll be spending this one in Carmel, California hosting a doggie fashion show featuring local rescues in need of a good home. Though she retired from show biz in 1973, Doris Day still gets film scripts and offers for work. "All I ever wanted in my life was to get married, have kids, keep house and cook, and even though I did all these things, I still ended up in Hollywood. It was a great trip. I've had an amazing life and wonderful times. And I'm happy!" You can read more about what Doris is up to as she enters her 90s in her interview with Closer magazine here. Notes from the back of the soundtrack to her 1950 film TEA FOR TWO are included below. The film co-stars Gordon MacRae, Gene Nelson, Eve Arden, Billy De Wolfe, and S.Z. Sakall.

[ Happy Birthday, Doris Day! ]

No comments: