Saturday, January 20, 2018

Belle Epoque

Artist: Belle Epoque
LP: Miss Broadway
Song: "Miss Broadway"
[ listen ]
"Me and You" 
[ listen ]

♫♪ ♫ "Uh-huh. I like it. Uh-huh. I like it." ♫ ♪ 

Based in Paris, France, Belle Epoque caught the disco wind in their sails in 1977 and rode it all the way to the end of the era, which was more or less 1979. Looking here at the three Belles, I can't help but wonder if anyone ever considered putting them on French television as a Parisian Charlie's Angels. Pierre's Angels, maybe? If I were in charge of casting, Belle Epoque would be Kelly, Jill, and Sabrina, from left to right. 

This trio of lovely ladies enjoyed their biggest success in Europe and Australia, but here in the USA the title track to their 1977 "Miss Broadway" LP hit #92 on the Billboard Hot 100, #26 on the Billboard R&B chart, and #21 on Billboard's "National Disco Action Top 40" (!) in the summer of that year. I finally got my hot little hands (and ears) on it last year at Råkk og Rålls in Oslo, Norway.


[ Belle Epoque ]

No comments: