Sunday, November 7, 2021

Salvador Esuedero y su Rumba Flamenca

Artist: Salvador Escudero y su Rumba Flamenca
LP: Salvador Escudero y su Rumba Flamenca
Song: "Historia De Amor"
[ listen ]

I hadn't finished posting the stuff I found at record stores in Minnesota, and now I've been to record stores in Arizona too! This 1972 flamenco pop record is one of the neat things I found at Zia Record Exchange in Tucson. I didn't have Zia on my Arizona list initially, but the clerk at the Downtown Clifton Hotel recommended it when he found out I wanted to buy some vinyl. I'm glad he did, since Zia is one of those old-school '80s-looking music stores packed to the gills with used vinyl, CDs, and DVDs. The more boutique-like stores in Tucson had some terrific stuff (which I'll hopefully be posting soon), but when it comes to a huge used Latin section of vintage vinyl, Zia is where I really struck the gold.

Unfortunately, there's no info about Salvador Escudero on the Internet...unless his side gig was as the Minister of Food and Agriculture in The Philippines from 1984 to 1986. But if you've ever wondered what the theme to "Love Story" would sound like with a flamenco twist, then this particular Mr. Escudero is certainly your guy.

 
[ Zia Record Exchange — Tucson, Arizona ]

No comments: