Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Los Bukis

Artist: Los Bukis
CD: Falso Amor
Song: "Cuando Tu Cariño"
[ listen ]
Song: "Sentimientos"
[ listen ]
Song: "Mi Plegaria"
[ listen ]

My cousin Michael Buzzard from Omak was in Seattle this past weekend, so we spent Sunday checking out the EMP and the Sci-Fi Museum, watching "Frost Nixon," eating out and doing other things like that. Mike wanted to visit a Seattle neighborhood he hadn't been to before, so we went to Columbia City. It was pretty dead on a Sunday night, but Discoteca Los Tres Reyes was open so we stepped inside.

[ Los Bukis at sunset. ]

They had lots of Latin music CDs and cassettes to browse through, but I was particularly drawn to this 1984 CD by Los Bukis, which looked like it had been sitting in the glass sales case for the past 25 years. It was priced at $13.99, but the nice salesclerk told me (in Spanish) that he'd let me have it for just $13. I meant to respond with "What a great deal!" but my Spanish isn't up to snuff and instead I exclaimed, "What a great day!" It had actually been pretty nice, but kinda windy.


[ Los Bukis in matching brown shirts. ]

No comments: