Monday, November 30, 2009

Adriano Celentano

Artist: Adriano Celentano
LP: Supremo
Song: "E'Inutile Davvero"
[ listen ]
Song: "Il Mio Amico James Bond"
[ listen ]

I was in Boston for work last weekend, and as usual I managed to rummage through a few record stores during my visit. According to my Google maps, lots of stores were located on Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge, so I started there.

The first place I visited was Cheapo Records, where I found a bunch of neat stuff including this 1967 LP by Italian superstar Adriano Celentano. Some trivia: Adriano's daughter Rosalinda played the Satan character in Mel Gibson's THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST. (I've never seen the film; I heard people in the audience were having heart-attacks.) Today's posting is dedicated to the folks at Trattoria Il Panino in Boston's old Italian neighborhood—especially the nice waitress with the beautiful Italian accent. I'd had a rough and draining weekend, but my relaxing and delicious dinner at Trattoria Il Panino on my last evening in Boston put everything right again. If you're ever in Beantown, do yourself a favor and go get some dinner there.

In the meantime, you can read more about Adriano Celentano on Wikipedia here and visit his official website here. I photographed the LP liner notes and have included them below, so just click on the image to make them bigger and easier to read.

No comments: