Sunday, August 20, 2017

Pat Benatar

Artist: Pat Benatar
LP: 7" single
Song: "Heartbreaker"
[ listen ]

You're the right kind of sinner to release my inner fantasy.

I think I may have more Pat Benatar 45s than anyone else in town—especially since I've ended up with multiple copies because I've upgraded to picture sleeves in better condition for about five of them over the years. For example, I've got two copies of "Heartbreaker," which was released in 1979 and reached #23 on the Billboard Hot 100. I've just played the better of the two copies through, loudly, on my home stereo system, and it really can't be beat. It's one of the best American pop songs from the 1970s-to-'80s transition. 

Born Patricia Andrzejewski in 1953, Pat became "Benatar," thank god, when she married her high school sweetheart, Dennis Benatar, in 1972. Pat was inspired to pursue a music career after seeing Liza Minnelli in concert in Richmond, Virginia in 1971. I'd like to take this opportunity to officially thank Liza and Dennis for their contributions to Pat Benatar's career, which you can read all about right here.


[ Pat Benatar ]

No comments: