Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Mud

Artist: Mud
LP: 7" single
Song: "Dyna-Mite"
[ listen ]

So it turns out that that having my 7" copy of Bow Wow Wow's "The Man Mountain" get lost in the mail somewhere between England and Northgate was a blessing in disguise! When I finally determined I could wait no longer, I went back online to Discogs to order another copy—one that was even better than the first one! I found one, but of course the seller had to inform me that it was the same price to ship six 45s from The Netherlands as it was to ship one. I ended up ordering seven, including five Prince singles with picture sleeves I didn't already have, and this cool 1973 Mud thing that I ordered based solely on the neat photo of the band sitting around there on the cover. My records arrived today!

I'd never heard of Mud before, but I'm really stuck on them! You can read all about the band here, and someone even threw together one of those colorful bar graphs that shows all the lineup changes over the years. From what I can tell, Mud was a hot commodity in England, but I wonder if they ever got any airplay here in the USA.

No comments: