Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Shirley and Company

Artist: Shirley and Company
LP: 7" single
Song: "Mr. Frenchman"
[ listen ]

Here's a lively little musical bonbon I was delighted to find in my collection the other day; I don't remember buying it! The pricetag indicates it was probably one of the singles I found on my trip to Norway back in the spring of 2017. According to Wikipedia, Shirley Goodman was persuaded out of retirement to contribute vocals to "Shame, Shame, Shame," which became a dance-floor favorite around the globe. This 1975 follow-up single, however, did not, and Shirley retired from the music business again in the late 1970s. Appropriately, my copy of the single was produced in France. I love the street accordion featured here! 

[ Shirley and Company ]
 
[ Shirley Goodman: June 19, 1936 — July 5, 2005 ]

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hello, I came across a fave song from Shirley and Company call Shame, Shame ,Shame, and I would really like to know who her amazing company was in this photo. I cant find anything about him and If anyone can tell me some history about this wonderful vocalist, it would end my obsession...lolz, il await replies.

Anonymous said...

Jason Alvarez.