Monday, January 18, 2021

Jacob F. Desvarieux and Georges Decimus

 
Artist: Jacob F. Desvarieux and Georges Decimus
LP: Jacob F. Desvarieux and Georges Decimus
Song: "Kavalie O Dam"
[ listen ]
Song: "Se Ou Mwen In Me"
[ listen ]

Happy New Year! I realize I'm arriving a little late with my greeting, but so much has already happened in 2021, I simply haven't had time to post anything. Our President tried to ruin our country with insidious lies, zillions of his devotees ransacked the U.S. Capitol Building with all of the country's representatives inside (while the President reportedly sat at home, watching the unfolding of events and eating popcorn), and my lovely Auntie Karen died of COVID-19. 

I know a new year is supposed to be the turning of a corner, the slate wiped clean and starting anew...but with so much smelly crap already being slung at us in 2021, I've decided to pretend that the new year begins on January 20th, with the ushering in of a new administration. Here's some music in the meantime from French-Guadeloupe artists Jacob F. Desvarieux and Georges Decimus that I hope will bring you cheer.

 
[ Jacob F. Desvarieux and Georges Decimus in early 2014 ]

No comments: