Thursday, May 9, 2024

Eavesdroppings

Overheard when: 11:58am on Wednesday, May 8, 2024
Overheard where: Wallingford Route 44, swing 5, while delivering mail and passing a vacant home that's currently being renovated, at 552 N. 70th St., Seattle, WA 98103 [map]
Overheard who: Two construction workers; one Caucasian female, 5'2" and heavy-set with dark hair, and one dark-haired Caucasian male, about 6'2" and lanky. Both probably in their late 20s or early 30s, and both wearing work clothes. They were chatting on the front porch while taking a short break; she was holding a measuring tape and he was wearing work goggles.
Overheard what: 
Gal construction worker: "Women always give me a hard time about my height. I'm five-foot-two." {Holds measuring tape in front of guy construction worker, from his foot to his head} "Six foot two...but of course I had to go over the top of your glasses. Still...dude, can I borrow a few inches from ya?
Guy construction worker: "I can't remember the last time a girl asked me that."

No comments: