Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tim Chandell

Artist: Tim Chandell
LP: The Loving Moods of Tim Chandell
Song: "The Nearness of You"
[ listen ]

I went digging through my collection this past weekend to find some romantic songs for my friends' upcoming wedding. One of the neat things I found is this 1977 cover version of the old standard, originally written by Hoagy Carmichael (music) and Ned Washington (lyrics) back in 1938. These are some notes from the back of the LP:

Sit down (or cuddle close to the one you love) relax and
enjoy THE LOVING MOODS OF TIM CHANDELL
.

TIM CHANDELL, who was influenced earlier in his singing career
by the smooth voice of SOLOMAN BURKE, has concocted
ten (10) love portions in the form of songs and delivers
them onto an unexpecting public. The result, I am sure
you will find pleasingly irresistible
.

An ardent lover of SOUL MUSIC, Tim had a burning ambition to
record a Long Player of SOUL BALLADS. With this in mind, he
and his producer SONNY ROBERTS has come up with this
well put together ALBUM.

I do hope that this ALBUM will launch him on a lucrative
road to show business success
.
-- V.H. Crichlow

It seems to have worked, since Tim Chandell is evidently still making music - though I hadn't heard of him until now.

No comments: