Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eavesdroppings

Overheard when: 8:37pm on Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Overheard where
: Scarecrow Video at 5030 Roosevelt Way NE in Seattle, WA [ map ]
Overheard who: a short blond 22-year-old-looking guy behind me in the checkout line, responding to his taller friend's question, "You've had some roommate troubles of your own
, right?"
Overheard what: "Yeah, there's that girl Christy, she turned out to be totally stupid. And then that girl Rebecca turned out to be totally stupid too. We got in a really big fight last night and I got hella mad at her. She couldn't find her DVD cable and she asked me where it was and I was like, 'I don't know.' So when I got home from work last night, I found out she had taken my DVD cable and I was like, 'what the hell!?' and she was like, 'you can have your cable back when you find mine,' and I was like, 'WHAT!?' I got hella pissed off at her... and my roommates were like, 'what's the big deal, it's just a DVD cable,' but they totally don't get it. It's not about the DVD cable, there's a bigger picture here. I mean, it's about being a decent person. It's not even logical for someone to take another person's DVD cable just because they can't find their own. I got hella pissed at her, it was a pretty big fight. And my other roommates have had problems with her too, like one-on-one."

No comments: