Friday, August 14, 2009

Ardell DeBerg

Artist: Ardell DeBerg
LP: I Know Where I'm Goin'
Song: "The Little Boy From the Carpenter Shop"
[ listen ]

When I first saw this record, I of course admired Ardell's shirt, sunglasses and motorcycle and immediately wantetd to find out where he was going so I could meet him there. Unfortunately, it turns out he was just going to Mr. and Mrs. Dethmers' house. I picked the song "The Little Boy From the Carpenter Shop" for two reasons: First, it covers Jesus' entire life and plan of eternal salvation in just under 2.5 minutes. Second, this is one of the tracks where you can hear Ardell singing a duet with himself. The notes and photos from the back of the record are included here:


I am happy for the opportunity to write the backliner for the
first record ARDELL DeBERG is recording. Ardell has played the
bass guitar for THE AMBASSADOR QUARTET for the past five
years. His singing career dates back many years. The song, "He
Makes a Way," on this record was sung by him at a church
when he was three years old.

I am sure you will be touched by his voice and the selection
of songs. I feel his title song, "I Know Where I'm Goin'," is
very appropriate, not only for the front cover of his album,
but also as his personal testimony. I highly recommend
this Benson Album to all Gospel music lovers.

Sincerely, Ken Mulder—THE AMBASSADOR QUARTET
The site for the album cover was chosen by Ardell and was taken
at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Dethmers of Boydon, Iowa.
THE AMBASSADOR QUARTET is backing Ardell on six of the ten songs
of this album. On the songs, "Build My Mansion" and "The Little Boy
From the Carpenter Shop," Ardell sings a duet with himself.

No comments: