Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thompson Twins

Artist: Thompson Twins
LP: 7" single
Song: "The Gap"
[ listen ]
Song: "Out of the Gap"
[ listen ]

I was pretty bummed when I first saw that this 4th single from the Thompson Twins' "Into the Gap" LP was being released without a picture sleeve, since previous singles "Hold Me Now," "Doctor! Doctor!" and "You Take Me Up" all had one... so I made my own. Please note that for my picture sleeve of "The Gap," I did my best to maintain the general color scheme and design of the album and that, on the back cover, I highlighted some of the single's primary themes. I remember bringing this record with me to one of the Mormon church dances in Yakima back in 1984, hoping they would play it there, but the stuffy old man in charge of music said the song was inappropriate. My friend Kelly joked that the guy probably thought they were singing about a vagina. You can read about the Thompson Twins here and listen to the rare b-side "Out of the Gap" to hear a medley of the group's pre-1984 hit singles.

[ Thompson Twins, circa 1984 ]

1 comment:

C.A. Cubed said...

Thompson Twins? But - wait a minute - there's three of them! And one of them's black!!! I'm so confused!