Thursday, March 24, 2011

Raffaella Carrà

Artist: Raffaella Carrà
LP: Applauso
Song: "Joggin'"
[ listen ]

After being born in Bologna, Italy in 1943, Raffaella Carrà first appeared on screen in TORMENTO DEL PASSATO in 1952. She moved to the USA in 1965 and made an auspicious Hollywood debut in VON RYAN'S EXPRESS with Frank Sinatra and Trevor Howard. Feeling homesick, she returned to Italy a few years later, where she became the first woman to show her bellybutton on national television. You can read more about the lovely and talented Raffaella Carrà on Wikipedia here, and I've included links to some delectable Raffaella Carrà videos below. After trying to describe the song "Joggin'" to my friend Ryan last night, she assured me that it likely wasn't about jogging at all, but was instead one of the worst euphemisms ever set to music. That may have been partly my fault, since I got a little carried away imitating the song's panting effects, but I've always found jogging to be so exhausting.

Raffaella Carrà on YouTube:

 
[ Raffaella Carrà ]

No comments: