Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Terry Bér

Artist: Terry Bér
LP: Through the Eyes of Terry Bér — Songs of Terry Bér & Other Poets
Song: "Wouldn't You Like To Be Clothed Like a Tree"
[ listen ]
Song: "A Lullaby To Wander By"
[ listen ]

Here's some lovely and uplifting folk music for a warm and sunny final week of May here in Seattle. Both songs posted are written by musical folk gypsy and poet Terry Bér, though she also includes covers of songs by Leonard Cohen ("Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye" and "Tonight Will Be Fine") and Donovan ("Colours") on her 1968 LP, which I picked up at The End of All Music in Oxford, Mississippi on my road trip last year. There's not any info on the web about Terry Bér that I could find...unless this is she. (If so, sounds like she's a little more settled than she was in the late 1960s; she's got a musical family and she's still writing songs!) But if that's not the same Terry Bér, then I don't know what's become of the lady who released this beautiful LP. If anyone's got any leads I'd love to hear from you. In the meantime, have fun perusing the liner notes, included below. They're some of the neatest, most personal I've ever read.

No comments: