Monday, October 2, 2017

Tom Petty [1950-2017]

Artist: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
LP: 7" single
Song: "A Woman In Love (It's Not Me)"
[ listen ]

There's been way too much dying in the news today. First all the country music fans in Las Vegas, then the guy in the elevator at work told me that Tom Petty was dead too! But then I found out later that maybe Tom Petty wasn't dead! Ugh. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around!

"A Woman In Love" (not a Streisand cover) wasn't one of Petty's hits; it stalled out at #79 when it was released in 1981 as the follow-up to the immensely more popular "The Waiting." I like it though. You can read about Tom Petty here and go to today's NY Times article here to find out how dead Tom really is. I hope he gets better. I hope Las Vegas and the United States of America gets better.

Update from six minutes later: Tom Petty really is dead. He died about an hour ago. I'm ready for a new day please.


Tom Petty 
[ October 20, 1950 — October 2, 2017 ]
We will miss you, Tom.

No comments: