Thursday, July 25, 2019

Aztec Camera

Artist: Aztec Camera
LP: High Land, Hard Rain
Song: "Oblivious"
[ listen ]
Song: "Walk Out to Winter"
[ listen ]

Roddy Frame, the brains and driving talent behind the band Aztec Camera, was only 16 years old when he formed the group in 1980, and only 19 when their first LP, "High Land, Hard Rain," debuted in 1983. I'm surprised I hadn't picked it up at some point in the past, but I found this nice copy at Sonic Boom in downtown Ballard on my day off yesterday, when I dropped in to pick up an import LP by Cocteau Twins (another Scottish band!) I had on order. "Oblivious" is the jaunty single I was familiar with, but this entire record is terrific! "They call us lonely when we're really just alone" has always been one of my favorite bits of lyric.

[ Aztec Camera ]

No comments: