Friday, July 26, 2019

Sons of the Pioneers

Artist: Sons of the Pioneers
LP: Cool Water
Song: "Cool Water"
[ listen ]
Song: "Timber Trail"
[ listen ]

We'll supposedly have highs in the mid-80s today here in Seattle, which isn't that hot for July, relatively speaking, but still it's plenty warm. I may not be a rovin' cowboy, but I'm a mailman now, a rovin' one even, and so I still need plenty of water. (We get messages on our scanner each morning reminding us of the signs of heat stroke.) I get a tall plastic glass of ice water from Starbucks each morning on my way to work, and then at lunch I hunt for an outpost where I can add a new batch of ice to it. I need to have water (water)...cool, clear water...for the afternoon. Naturally, this famous old country ditty by Sons of the Pioneers gets stuck in my head just about every day. LP liner notes by Yellowstone Chip, Montana's singin' cowboy, are included below. I hope when I'm a little older I'm still "puttin' on desert steak fries for the visiting dudes," (ahem!) so to speak.

 [ Sons of the Pioneers ] 

No comments: