Friday, November 13, 2020

Jane Siberry

Artist: Jane Siberry
LP: The Speckless Sky
Song: "The Empty City"
[ listen ]

Last night I had my first session of listening to Christmas music for the 2020 holiday season. It was a CD of a live recording of some sort of "special evening" called "Count Your Blessings" with five singers. Two of them I've not heard of before (Holly Cole and Rebecca Jenkins), but the other three are favorites: Mary Margaret O'Hara, Victoria Williams, and this lovely lady, Jane Siberry. It's a beautiful recording.

I remember I first came across Ms. Siberry at Tower Records here in Seattle back in 1985. I was in the city from Yakima with my friend Denny Kibbe, and we were hunting 45s. The cover of Jane Siberry's "One More Colour" looked interesting, so I picked it up without having heard it...and that was the beginning of a life-long love affair. You can read about Jane Siberry here

[ Jane Siberry ]

No comments: