Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Diez & Bischof

Artist: Diez & Bischof
LP: Daybreak
Song: "I Just Killed a Stranger"
[ listen ]

After leaving the German rock band Emergency in the mid-1970s, Frank Diez and Peter Bischof teamed up to record their "Daybreak" LP in 1975. Though a terrific album, it was a commercial flop and the two split up soon after its release. Bischof has since disappeared from the music scene, but Diez went on to form a band with actor Klaus Kinski and then released a solo record in 2000 called "Stranded On Fantasy Island." You can read about Diez & Bischof on allmusic.com here, then read more about Frank Diez, find out what he's up to nowadays and become his friend on MySpace here. It looks like the bottom of my copy of "Daybreak" has been eaten away by mold, but that's actually just some blurry bushes or rocks.

1 comment:

PHSStudiosRJ said...

Hi friend. I am a long time in search of this album. I wish I could have a copy of it. I have many other albums of Krautrock and e etc ...

if you can be useful in something.


A hug

My mail: phsstudiosrj@click21.com.br


Even more.