Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Red Guitars

Artist: Red Guitars
LP: Slow to Fade
Song: "Marimba Jive"
[ listen ]

I'm home from work today with tired eyes, a headache, and a stuffy nose. This morning while rummaging through a stack of LPs that had been stashed behind the piano I found this 1984 release by Red Guitars. I had no idea what the record sounded like, or even when or where I'd picked it up. I threw it on the turntable and was delighted to discover what a terrific find I'd made...somewhere, at some time in the past. Based in Hull, Red Guitars was an English band that made music together in the early-to-mid 1980s, releasing just two LPs and a handful of singles. This is the first of their two LPs, and "Marimba Jive" was the first of two consecutive #1 hits by the group on the UK indie singles charts. I don't think I hear any marimbas in this song. Do you? You can read more about Red Guitars here and go here to visit their website. Album credits and the "Marimba Jive" song lyrics are included below.

[ Red Guitars ]

No comments: