Thursday, September 10, 2015

Wolfe

Artist: Wolfe
LP: Wolfe
Song: "Time Is Money" 
[ listen ]
Song: "Funny, Funny" 
[ listen ]

Last weekend I met up with some friends at Vera's Restaurant for brunch here in Ballard. That's just around the corner from Sonic Boom Records, so I decided to pack a bunch of LPs into the car and take them in for trade after our meal to see what I could get for them...but not before we went strolling through Ballard's lovely Sunday Street Market! 

 
Well they gave me a lot for my records, and I spent hours (not one, not two, not three, not four) digging through the bins and ended up leaving with some real neat stuff. Just when I thought I'd finished looking, I came across two crates in the corner filled with Japanese pop albums from the '60s, '70s and '80s that someone had brought in—priced at just $2.49 apiece! I'll hopefully be posting some of those here soon. 

This 1972 Wolfe LP was another one of the things I found at Sonic Boom. There isn't much info on the web about the group, but there's a terrific review on the Bite It Deep blog here. Another review, a shorter one, can be found here, where additional musical experts have weighed in with their own opinions of the record. Someone called 'cosmowombo' gives the LP just two stars out of five and reports, "I don't like it"; 'daspmusik' also rates the record two stars and calls it "Below Mediocre"; 'Kanto_Sho' gives the album a single star and says, "Terrible - bro in the band wouldn't help." I don't know what that means, but I do know that those folks must have really shitty taste in music.

No comments: