Thursday, January 7, 2016

Harpo Marx

Artist: Harpo Marx
LP: Harpo at Work
Song: "Imagination"
[ listen ]
Song: "My Blue Heaven" 
[ listen ]

Someone told me last year that they read a study that revealed that old people keep saying "Happy New Year" clear up to a week after the new year has begun, whereas young people stop saying it after the very first day. So to keep myself feeling young, I will not be wishing you a Happy New Year at this point, it's just too late. But I will say that my new year is going along swimmingly so far, and I hope yours is too. 

This 1958 Harpo Marx LP is one of a bunch that I picked up on the very first day of 2016, and it seems like a good omen. I've got a real strong premonition that 2016 is going to be a 'Harpo Marx' kind of year for me. And I hope the same for you. My motto for 2016 is "Give me magic, or give me death." Maybe. I'm still working on my motto. But anyway, I'm just not willing to put up with bland mediocrity anymore. This year I'm only going to be dealing with magic. 2016 is the year I'm actively going to speak out against movies that contain things like this; I will not be dating anyone who enjoys listening to the music of Michael Bublé; I'm finally going to stop wearing the same goddamn coat every single day of the entire fucking winter! And I'm going to increase my swearing! Happy Fucking New Year, I don't even care! I'm old!

Harpo Marx was never really considered much of a heartthrob...especially when he would do things like this and this (and occasionally he would also do this), but it turns out he was actually quite a looker! Check this out.

[ Arthur "Harpo" Marx: November 23, 1888 — September 28, 1964 ]

1 comment:

Darby said...

Well said. And Happy Magical New Year to you, too.