Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Kraftwerk

Artist: Kraftwerk
LP: 7" single
Song: "Musique Non Stop" 
[ listen ]

When I browse through my collection of 45s, I'm always grateful I picked up offbeat singles at Tower Records from the mid-'80s on—like this Kraftwerk single, for example. The song didn't registar on the Billboard Hot 100 at all when it came out in 1986 (it was evidently a hit at the dance clubs), and I've never come across another copy of it in 30 years of record hunting ever since. I only regret that I didn't start buying unpopular 45s with picture sleeves at Tower Records sometime around 1978 instead! But then how was a ratty 9-year-old Mormon kid from Yakima supposed to get to Seattle to collect rare vinyl?

[ Kraftwerk ]

1 comment:

Edna Garrett said...

Usually I don't watch any ceremonies, I just prefer to see everything with my own eyes, because that's always much interesting than just watch TV. So, when I found out about the concert of my favourite crew, I just went to https://ticketselect.co.uk/kraftwerk to but tickets and I'm pretty now!