Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bullumba Landestoy

Artist: Bullumba Landestoy
LP: 7" single
Song: "Cuban Nightingale"
[ listen ]

Born in the Dominican Republic in 1925, Rafael "Bullumba" Landestoy is one of three artists featured on this 4-track single I picked up a while ago. Xavier Cugat and Noro Morales are already favorites, but I hadn't heard of this Landestoy fellow, so I decided to post his track here and then try to find some info on the guy, which I found here and here. While searching for pictures of Rafael Landestoy online, was pretty sure my primary results turned up the wrong guy. The piano-playing Rafael "Bullumba" Landestoy is pictured below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I appreciate you posting this artist since he is hardly mentioned with the other great Latin musicians of the time. The link to the music is dead can you please upload it again.

Thank you.