Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mariachi de Román Palomar

Artist: Mariachi de Román Palomar
LP: Navidad Con Mariachi
Song: "Blanca Navidad"
[ listen ]

After my piano lesson Thursday night, I realized I needed to buy some milk and some cereal, so I pulled into the Safeway (grocery store) parking lot.

Suddenly out of nowhere I was overcome by the festive holiday scent of fresh pine needles! then the smell went away and I got out of my car and looked around. there, propped up in the far corner of the lot, was a bunch of Christmas trees just waiting to be taken home. I was amazed that the smell of the trees could enter my car with such force from such a distance, and determined it must be the magic of Christmas.

or maybe it was because I had the car heater on full blast. the temperature in Seattle has dropped about 25 degrees in the past 24 hours. In any case, the glorious smell of those trees hit me across the face with the Christmas spirit, which had so far eluded me this holiday season. It also made me realize that I should be mixing some Christmas music in with my postings over the next few weeks.

I looked for something on YouTube that featured the Mariachi de Román Palomar in action, but all I found was [this] instead.

No comments: