Thursday, February 26, 2009

Liz Anderson

Artist: Liz Anderson
LP: Cookin' Up Hits
Song: "Never, Ever"
[ listen ]

I'll never never ever ever ever never ever never get this song out of my head today. Liz must've dumped about two tablespoons of heartaches into this one. You can read all about Liz Anderson [here] and find notes and pictures from the back of this 1967 record below.


Liz Anderson — The Perfect Recipe for Superb Songs

Liz Anderson is an extraordinary singer and songwriter. She possesses
unlimited talent as a writer and has the ability to sing her songs in a
style that is refreshing to hear. She cooks up some of the greatest
sounds and her delivery is unlike anyone in her field
.

[ warming up for the next take ]

The songs in this album are a cross section of Liz's outstanding
writing ability. If I Kiss You (Will You Go Away?), Ride, Ride Ride
(made popular by her daughter Lynn), I'm a Lonesome Fugitive
and Behind My Back are but a few examples
.

Liz's gentle voice and way with words are appealing to everyone.
This quality is evident in her versions of Grandma's House and
Never Is a Long, Long Day
. I think you'll agree that Liz Anderson
is one of the finest artists to come along in many a day.


[ Liz enjoying a moment of clowning with recording engineer Jim Malloy ]

If this sounds like I'm a little prejudiced... well it's possible... even
though I'm trying not to be. I'm proud and happy to say that Liz
Anderson is my wife. --Casey Anderson

1 comment:

Children's Film Festival Seattle said...

Ooo post some more!

PS. I think I know who your Lebanese expert was in your previous post...And he just might know his disco, if you know what I'm saying.