Saturday, March 6, 2010

Emilia Conde

 
Artist: Emilia Conde
LP: My Latin Mood
Song: "No Puedo Olvidar (Strangers In the Night)"
[ listen ]
Song: "Campanitas De Cristal"
[ listen ]

When I posted some tracks by Puerto Rican singer Emilia Conde last year, several of her relatives left comments saying what a wonderful person she was and how much they've all missed her since she passed away back in February of 1998. I only wish I'd had the chance to know her too. If anyone has more info about Emilia Conde (when and where was she born?) or maybe some nice stories or anecdotes, I'd love to hear them! In the meantime, here are a few more songs by the wonderful singer, this time from her very first LP, "My Latin Mood." English and Spanish liner notes included below, along with a neat photo taken from the back of the record.

   
  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I took voice lessons from Emilia for a couple of years in the early 1980s. She was a wonderful teacher and lovely lady, and I was sad to hear that she passed away. Nice to see that some of her music is still around.

Maylee said...

Emilia was my Great Aunt! She was amazing! She was the reason why I grew up loving Opera, and oldies music from musicians like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. I knew her very well, up to the day she passed away. She basically raised my mom, and she loved her family. I'm sure my mom can give you a lot more information if you're interested. My email is mayleedejesus@gmail.com.

Unknown said...

Emilia was my Mother's cousin who she met later on in life while in her late 40's after finding her biological father Rafael who was Emilia's uncle. Mom and Emelia grew close and mom was devastated when Emilia's health began to deteriorate after suffering a concussion from a head injury. Mom adored her Beautiful talented cousin and often talks about her. It is wonderful that people are getting an opportunity to enjoy her Beautiful gift sand talents even today. Thank you for Sharing 🌹
God Bless
Reddalrt@aol.com