Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Freddy Butler

Artist: Freddy Butler
LP: With a Dab of Soul
Song: "Deserted"
[ listen ]

Hello! I just got back from a short little road trip/friend's wedding/vacation getaway down in San Francisco over the past five days or so. It was a lovely little jaunt and, naturally, I managed to take in lots of stray records along the way and will be giving them all a good home. This terrific 1967 Freddy Butler LP is something I found at Vinyl Revolutions, a neat little store in Grants Pass, Oregon:


I wasn't really planning to stop in Grants Pass, since I was in a hurry to get beneath the shade of the Redwood trees, but Highway 199 took me right through the middle of town. I saw the words "vinyl" and "records" on the storefront to my left and suddenly my car was parked at the curb before I knew what was happening. There's not much info about Freddy Butler on the web, but I did find a neat photo of Butler performing in Detroit in the early '60s with organ player Rudy Robinson—see here. The "With a Dab of Soul" album notes, track list and photos are included below...but can anyone tell me what's covering Freddy Butler's guitar on the record's front cover? It looks like part of an old push-broom, or maybe something from a drive-thru car wash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anychance you can rip this album in rar or zip ??? Email me - Rod4595@hotmail.co.uk ,,, Be very grateful - atb...