Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Glenn Medeiros

Artist: Glenn Medeiros
LP: 7" single
Song: "Watching Over You"
[ listen ]

While further weeding through my 45s this week, I reached the 'M's and found this cheesy Glenn Medeiros single. A certain part of my anatomy must have purchased this one while the rest of my body wasn't paying attention. (My ears certainly didn't have any say.) But if you look through the eyes (or maybe the erection) of a closeted Mormon gay boy in rural Washington circa 1987, the allure of the swarthy young Mr. Medeiros in a stylish white denim bathrobe open to the naval is undeniable. According to Wikipedia, Glenn is now married, has two children named Lyric and Chord (!), and he's back in his home state of Hawaii, where he performs at the Hale Koa Hotel and teaches Social Studies at the Maryknoll School in Honolulu. 

No comments: