Monday, June 13, 2011

Ohio Knox

Artist: Ohio Knox
LP: Ohio Knox
Song: "Taking It Easy"
[ listen ]

At some point last year I was buying records at Jive Time in Seattle's Fremont neighborhood and was informed that I might as well grab another $3 record, since I had three, and they're 4 for $10. Never one to turn down a bargain, I flipped through the bins and quickly chose this Ohio Knox LP, because I liked the looks of it. When I got home, I was pleased to find that the record sounded just as good as it looked. Led by singer/songwriter Peter Gallway, Los Angeles-based group Ohio Knox released this self-titled LP in 1971, though the record is listed as one of Gallway's early solo albums in the discography on his website here, where you'll also find his biography, his contact info, and you can purchase more of his music. You can get your own copy of this album for $20 here, or go here to pay $100 for a sealed copy instead.

 
 

No comments: