Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Manuel Rodrigo

Artist: Manuel Rodrigo
LP: El Yaqui
Song: "Cuatro Copas"
[ listen ]

When I read in The Stranger this past weekend that Everyday Music had moved yet again (their 4th location since opening in Seattle just a few years ago; now they're in an old industrial warehouse building across the street from their previous spot), I figured I should probably stop by to check things out. This chirpy 1978 trumpet-and-electric-organ-infested Manuel Rodrigo LP from México was one of the neat things I found that fateful rainy evening. I can't tell you much about Manuel Rodrigo, but I think I'm safe in saying that Señor Rodrigo would very much like to join me in wishing Doris Day a happy 88th birthday today! My friend Ryan made my morning by sending me a link to a terrific recent NPR interview with the lovely and talented Ms. Day, which aired yesterday in honor of her birthday. If you'd like to listen, click here. Thanks, Ryan!

No comments: