Friday, April 3, 2015

Doris Day

Artist: Doris Day
LP: Young Man With a Horn [10" EP]
Song: "I May Be Wrong" 
[ listen ]

One of my favorite ladies in the world is celebrating her 91st birthday today! I may be wrong, but I think Doris Day is wonderful. I think she's grand! This delightful 10" soundtrack from YOUNG MAN WITH A HORN, featuring Day's warbling with the Les Brown Orchestra, was released 65 years ago. It's one of the things I found amongst David Lloyd Whited's records that alerted me to the fact that I was browsing through the collection of a kindred spirit. You can check out a lovely Doris Day fan website here and go here to peruse photos from Doris' 90th birthday celebration last year. Notes from the back of the record are included below.

 [ Happy Birthday, Doris Day! ]

No comments: