Saturday, April 4, 2015

Eavesdroppings

Overheard when: 6:45pm on Thursday, April 2, 2015
Overheard where: Lobby of the Grand Illusion Cinema 1403 NE 50th St. in Seattle, WA [map]
Overheard who: 'Hip' projectionist guy loudly conversing with the young volunteer gal who was working the ticket counter in the lobby. I could hear them talking through the doorway after taking a seat inside the theater
.
Overheard what: 
Annoying guy: "I did have one celebrity sighting while I was in LA."
Volunteer gal: "Who?"
Annoying guy: "You'll never guess...Nick Cave. It was weird because I showed that movie so many times, I feel like I actually know him. But he was taller than I thought he would be."
Volunteer gal: "Where was he?"
Annoying guy: "He was just walking into some high-end grocery store with some family-looking people."
Volunteer gal: "What was he buying? Eggs?"
Annoying guy: "I do know that celebrities are just like us, so it was probably something like that, something mundane. He was just going into the store though, so I didn't get to find out what he bought. We should think of the most mundane or trivial thing he could have been buying. What would be, like, the most..."
Volunteer gal: "Baby carrots?" 
Annoying guy: "No... I know, rice! I bet he was buying rice!"

No comments: