Sunday, July 19, 2015

Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew

Artist: Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew
LP: 7" single
Song: "Spirit" 
[ listen ]

Speaking of movie remakes, I hear they're assembling an all-female team of ghost-busters for a reworking of the 1984 classic comedy (I've actually never seen it). Melissa McCarthy, Kritsin Wiig, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon have signed up to bust ghosts in the film, set for release in July of 2016. (Go here to listen to an '80s nerd drone on and on about the "Ghostbusters" remake.) Meanwhile, here's a neat single that didn't rank anyplace on the charts, as far as I can tell. It's Doug E. Fresh with his Get Fresh Crew contributing to the 1989 "Ghostbusters" sequel, "Ghostbusters II," which of course I haven't seen either. August may need to be my 'Ghostbusting' month so I'll be all caught up by next summer.

[ Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew ] 
(Get Fresh Crew not pictured)

No comments: