Saturday, July 18, 2015

Hugo Montenegro and The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Artist: Hugo Montenegro and His Orchestra
LP: The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Song: "Theme From 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
[ listen ]
Song: "A Martini Built For Two"
[ listen
Song: "Watch Out!"
[ listen ]

The first time I came across the ultra-mod '60s spy TV show "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." was in the winter of 1989, during my four-month stay in Glendale, California on my "two-year bicycle tour of Southern California," as I like to call it. The family my companion and I were living with there were lounging around their living room one day watching an episode of the show that featured Stefanie Powers. Not long after that I ordered "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: The Five Daughters Affair" on video to add to my Joan Crawford VHS movie collection, since she had a bit part in the episode. I picked up this 1965 soundtrack LP in the dollar bins on the sidewalk in front of Spin Cycle on Broadway a few weeks ago, just after seeing the preview for the motion picture remake of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." that's set to open at cinemas next month. I'm looking forward to it! You can go here to read about the original show, scroll down to find some educational LP liner notes, and go here and here to find more from Mr. Montenegro right here on The Homoerratic Radio Show.


No comments: