Saturday, December 5, 2009

Remo Germani

Artist: Remo Germani
LP: San Remo '67
Song: "La Rivoluzione"
[ listen ]

With Portland painted red, I said goodbye to my friend Alex and began the drive northward back to Seattle. Just after crossing the mighty Columbia River, I saw signs for the city of Vancouver, which I'd never been to before. I decided to have a look, and of course I stumbled upon a record store—Mermaid Music in this case. I found some neat things there, including this various artists LP from the San Remo song competition of 1967. "La Rivoluzione" didn't win the top prize, but it's one of my favorites on the record. You can find the LP liner notes below, along with a neat Remo Germani music video, also from 1967. You can read about Remo Germani on Wikipedia here and visit his official website here.

Remo Germani on YouTube:
[ "Al Chiaro Di Luna" ]

[ Remo Germani ]

2 comments:

Charles R said...

Can't find my copy of this album (amongst my thousands of records) but I recall that that my favorite track is a fabulous song by the remarkable Milva.

Alex said...

nice! I wonder if they made records for some of the San Remo Fest's other years. I just realized yesterday that I have a Milva LP in my collection; I'll have to post something from that one soon.