Monday, December 7, 2009

Richard Cocciante

Artist: Richard Cocciante
LP: Richard Cocciante
Song: "When Love Has Gone Away"
[ listen ]

This past Thursday my friend Nicholai invited me to join him for Seattle's "First Thursday" art walk in Pioneer Square—the old part of the city. We met at the Something Old Something New thrift store at 3rd and Washington (map), where I flipped through a bin of old LPs and found this 1976 treasure from French/Italian singer Richard Cocciante. We visited lots of galleries and saw lots of art that night, some good and some bad. At one point, Nicholai approached a tough, biker-type guy with a pointy, multi-faceted beard and gave him this compliment: "I love the amusement park you've created with your facial hair!" The man was not pleased, but his girlfriend answered his scowl with a whispered, "that was really complimentary!" It's fun hanging out with Nicholai.

1 comment:

Children's Film Festival Seattle said...

Just when I thought I had every Dylan album!

PS. "amusement park" and "the unintentional mess" and "the unintentional mess: 2"