Monday, April 5, 2010

The Fantastic Violinaires

Artist: The Fantastic Violinaires
LP: Presenting The Fantastic Violinaires
Song: "I'll Always Love Them"
[ listen ]
Song: "Rain, Rain, Rain"
[ listen ]

Here's the priciest record I picked up on my San Francisco trip (I got it at the Groove Merchant Gallery & Museum). I normally won't pay more than $15 or $20 for a single record, but I went ahead and got this one for a little bit more than that. Just the LP cover and these two tracks are worth what I paid, and there are quite a few other songs on the record besides! On their website here, you can find The Fantastic Violinaires' complete discography, album cover art, fuzzy old videos, photographs, order their new CD and even book them for your next big event. Mary Mika's lackadaisical LP liner notes are included below, in which she fails to warn you that you're about to hear exploding gospel dynamite!

No comments: