Sunday, August 10, 2008

080808

Here's a mix tape I put together for my birthday on August 8. I've always looked forward to when my birthday fell on 8/8/08, but then lately I forgot all about the weird numbers until my mom called me in the morning to say happy birthday and she pointed out all the 8s. My brother pointed it out too, but he called at around 7pm.

side one:
01. Twilight - The Raveonettes
02. I Put a Spell On You - Arthur Brown
03. The March of the Black Queen - Queen
04. The Air That I Breathe - Olivia Newton-John
05. They Should Not Be Disturbed [Im Nye Nadio Meshat] - Vladimir Troshin
06. Dolores - Edmundo Ros & His Orchestra
07. It's the Love - The Breeders
08. Figure It Out - Doll By Doll
09. Love Can Hurt - Alla Pugacheva
10. Keem-O-Sabe - The Electric Indian
11. Tennessee Waltz - Silver Blue
12. You Call Everybody Darling - Patti Page
13. If I Ever Get to Saginaw Again - Leapy Lee
[ listen ]

side two:
01. Al-Medina - Sikhara
02. Luton Airport Parkway - Chevron
03. I Feel a Song Comin' On - Judy Garland
04. Ciao! - Lush
05. Red Guitars - The Bluebells
06. King of the Jungle - Bananarama
07. Write Me a Letter - Aerosmith
08. Surfer Girl USA - The Dead Betties
09. ADDISI - Allison
10. Leather and Lace - Stevie Nicks w/ Don Henley
11. Urphee
- Claude Dubois
12. Love Letters In the Sand - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
13. Signs Along the Path - Blonde Redhead
[ listen ]

3 comments:

sammyg123 said...

Brilliant. I swear I'd make this MOTW on AOTM (all those initials may confuse a few people) if it wasn't for
a) I picked the last one over a month ago, borrring
and
b) the site would let me at least view a mix without telling me the world will end if I don't get the hell out of there....
Ho hum.

Doowad said...

Track 4 on side 1 looks familiar....

I really like Blonde Redhead too.

Happy birthday, sir.

buglady said...

Happy Belated Birthday Alex!!! Hope you had an awesome time (how could you not with a superb mix like this to celebrate with?)!