Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dave Burgess and His Caribbeans

Artist: Dave Burgess and His Caribbeans
LP: Calypso In Hi-Fi

This Dave Burgess LP is one of my favorite calypso records. I first found a copy for $2 at an antique store during a visit to my hometown of Yakima, Washington, but it was pretty scratched up. the music was great though, so I looked online and found some guy in Ohio who was selling a better copy for a good price.

If anyone reading this blog knows the phone number or email address for that guy in the striped pants, please let me know. I'd like to meet up with him in Jamaica ("They Never Say No In Jamaica"),
where we'd look at each other with "Fire In the Eyes" and retreat into his bungalow all "Day-O" where we'd "Pull the Curtain (Close the Blind)" and make sweet.... history. But I wonder, "Will His Love Be Like His Rum"--intoxicating all night long? If so, I'll be a "Happy Man."

No comments: