Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tracy Huang

Artist: Tracy Huang
LP: Feelings
Song: "To Know Him Is to Love Him"
[ listen ]

I hadn't heard of Tawainese singer Tracy Huang before finding this 1976 record a few weeks ago, but she's evidently a musical superstar throughout Asia. You can read all about her [ here ] and see all her album covers on the Tracy Huang website [ here ], along with lots of information in what looks to me like Chinese. (Google "Tracy Huang" and translate the first entry for English version of the site.) "Feelings" features quite a few covers, including ABBA's "S.O.S." and The Hollies' "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother." On YouTube I found a pretty slideshow made by Alvin EH Tan for "To Know Him Is to Love Him" and an incredible music video for another Tracy Huang song called "Inside of My Guitar," in which she invites her lover to "come inside of my guitar." (!)
Tracy Huang on YouTube:

1 comment:

Doowad said...

Thanks, Alex, definitely sounds like she is up your alley!