Thursday, August 14, 2008

All Ears

Artist: Various
LP: All Ears - 10 New and Original Song Hits With a CB Theme
Song: "Hey Shirley (This Is Squirrely)" - Shirley & Squirrely
[ listen ]

If I was a serious country music artist asked to submit one of my CB-related songs for this Radio Shack compilation and then I found out they also included this horrible chipmunk song, I'd be pissed. Of course, as awful as it is, I can't stop listening to it. 

Update from October of 2015: The good news is I've managed to stop listening to it. The bad news is that if I hear one more country star singing about his 'baby' and then opting for a rhyme by reminding listeners that he doesn't mean 'maybe'...well, I'm just likely to hurt someone. I don't mean maybe.

Artist: Various
LP: All Ears - 10 New and Original Song Hits With a CB Theme
Song: "L.J.'s CB Radio" - Oscar Ray
[ listen ]

Here's a better track from the same LP, but I found it helpful to study this glossary of CB Radio terms found on the back of the LP so I could understand all the jokes.

2 comments:

sammyg123 said...

Must comment on 'Hey Shirley'... Brilliant, I love it. Especially the end bit where he goes all Bugs Bunny on us. Hilarious :)

Barovelli said...

Check the cut "Highway Driving" by a group called 'Alabama'. Pretty progressive stuff for a corporate product. And I really do not think that it is that Alabama.

thanks for the image, needed it for the album art