Monday, January 23, 2012

Wilkins

Artist: Wilkins
LP: Wilkins
Song: "Bella Sin Alma"
[ listen ]
Song: "No, No Le Digas Siempre No"
[ listen ]

This self-titled 1975 LP by Puerto Rican superstar Wilkins (aka. Wilkins Vélez, aka. German Wilkins Vélez) is the other of the two records I found at the Sunday outdoor flea market in Columbus, Ohio during my road trip last summer. I just recently discovered that Wilkins' "Bella Sin Alma" is actually a Spanish-language version of "I Was Waiting For You," one of my favorite songs on this Richard Cocciante album. You can listen to Richard's version on this mix tape I put together a few years ago. Anyway, back to Wilkins: Click here to read more about the handsome Latin cantador con un afro mágico de la luz, and visit the official Wilkins website here, where you can read his extended biography, find his full discography, and buy some of his wine.

1 comment:

dj trish said...

Hi Alex
Listened to part of your mixtape on divshare.Lo6ts of stuff that has the cool 70s vibe.Interesting.Wheres my polyester shirt and leather Pants?
Have a groovy week man!
Trish